Tuesday 26 January 2016

A Quilt for Summer


My latest commision for Australian Homespun magazine appears in Januray's edition. The brief was to bring a taste of summer that incorporated beach umbrellas and beach balls & as we spend most of our summer weekends at the beach I didn't think it was going to be too tricky!


As you can probably tell, I love colour & the brighter the better. My collection of Kaffe fabric was attacked as it was perfect for the design & I put together a series of bird eye view umbrellas that I blanket stitched and foundation paper pieced. With a bit of extra wadding behind each one and a very cool tight quilt pattern I was really happy with the way each brolly 'popped'.


Beach ball borders.



Appliqued and machine blanket stitched brolly.


foundation paper pieced brolly.


how cool is this quilting!!


Check out Australian Homespun if you would like to make a version for yourself.

happy stitching x x 

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment